- You are NOT good enough.
- You are too hard to love.
- No-one will ever love or accept you.
- You are ugly.
- You are fat.
- Everyone hates you.
- You will fail if you try.
- You are crazy.
- You are stupid.
- Everyone would be better off if you were not here.
Lets go back through that list and change those negatives into positives.
- You are MORE than good enough. If the people around you don’t believe that, then you don’t need those people in your life.
- You deserve to be showered with love. In relationships (or friendships) find someone who doesn’t see your battle as a burden. Those people are out there. They will love you for you.
- You WILL find someone out there to love you for you. I promise. When you find that person, never let them leave your life. No matter how many times you try and push them away, they will always come back telling you how much you mean to them.
- You are far from ugly. You will probably never see the beauty in yourself that others seem to see. Take a good look in a mirror and start to list a couple of things that you don’t mind about yourself. Learn to appreciate the features that you have. Everyone is beautiful in their own way.
- You are NOT fat. Everybody has a different shape. Diet and exercise plays a huge part too. You could be ‘fat’, but you know what? A person who has a funny, intelligent and witty personality is all that people will see.
- You can’t please everyone. If someone doesn’t like you, then that’s their problem. Surround yourself with people who love and support you.
- You may fail. But you will learn. Everything is a process. By ‘failing’ you are gaining more knowledge and experience which you can apply when you try again. Failing is essential to progressing.
- Some of the best people in the word are ‘crazy’. Theres nothing wrong with being a little crazy.
- You aren’t stupid. You are maybe just better at other things compared to the other people around you. Embrace the brains that you have. 🙂
- Everything about no. 10 is a lie. How would people be better off? I understand this feeling. I have felt it, it’s an overwhelming feeling. But, you need to make your mark on the world. You have your place. You have the power to inspire. You are incredibly strong. Depression has given you this. Use these feeling and knowledge to inspire others. Be the amazing person that I know you are.
Thank you very much for reading.
My inbox is always open if anybody wants to talk. You are never alone. ❤
P.S. What lies does depression tell you?